Monday, September 8, 2008

Launch of 9/08/08. We need your help

Greetings 888Daggers!!!!!!! How good was it to see the sun today?? (apologies to those who didn't see it if they weren't somewhere where it was out ...)

Exciting day today - 8/09/08. The wondrous team at Foxtel/Ai-Media have been working their backsides off to get the videos ready to roll.

2 things to do - and please remember: if you can't do something just holler - someone will be able to help :-)

* Please link your Youtube channel to the 888Dag stream. You can do so very easily by going to the following link - http://www.youtube.com/user/888DAG - and clicking on subscribe on left hand side of screen [orange box]. You can also access this link by clicking on www.dag888.com, clicking through to site and then clicking on the link to the 888DAG YouTube Channel.

* If you have completed videos and submitted them (THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!), they have been captioned ... but if you don't have a Youtube Channel - ummm, we have a problem. You must have a Youtube channel to see the videos. Again - if you need help to create one just ask.

For all those who have their videos showing in their channels - CONGRATS!!!!!! Don't forget the list of tags: 888DAG, 888, CC, closed caption, caption, subtitle, deaf. Remember you also have to add the name of your video and a description of what it contains.

Remember, as Lao-Tzu said in the 5th Century "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

www.888dag.com

10 comments:

Glinda said...

Thanks, Katrina. So great to have you guiding the DAG ship! Yay!

Madame Synesthesia said...

All very clear, Captain K. Thanks for the great direction :)

888 The Av 'n Gav Show 888 said...

went into my you tube and there is nothing of mine posted yet. Please let me know when you have done it so I can do the necessary. Thanks.

TomDiggleHarry said...

Awesome!! Thanks Captain... All good, all are on my channel now. Can't wait to blend these clips onto my blog!

schatzi said...

Thanks for all those tips. I played around for ages yesterday and it's slowly taking shape. Can anyone tell me how to shrink photo's? They're too big to download onto you tube profile. Also I have a question re memorystick in camera. I copied all files yesterday and then it wouldn't let me deleted the stick. So I thougth I'd just do it on the camera. Now I've got a memorystick with no images, but no space left either! Please help! Thanks DAGgers!

TomDiggleHarry said...

Hmm.. That's a tricky one. I never found myself in that situation, did the booklet say anything about what you should do? I think there's a troubleshooter guide in the booklet about memory stick. Downsizing is pretty straightforward, open photo in any photo software (eg. Adobe Photoshop), then under Edit - either select fix photo or reduce memory size. Hope this helps! Holler if you need anything else.

duff said...

hi katrina!
just finally getting all the action set up at home(with the assistance of my non-luddite girlfriend)and am just wondering how i can submit my videos once i have named and described them etc.can you direct me here please?need a little help!x

KMP said...

Videos can be burned to DVD (can do this on your computer) and then sent to Mr T's office address.

You'll find the vids. will be too large to send by email

KMP said...

If you want to shrink photos and you have the new Outlook email programme on your computer you can send the photo to yourself and just choose to send it as a smaller attachment when asked (that way it resizes for you). Mac computers have been doing this for years.

Alternatively you can do it in Photoshop or similar programme.

If that all sounds all too confusing and you need just a few done email them to me at katrina.partridge@bigpond.com and I'm happy to re-size them and send them back to you.

duff said...

thanks guys-we'll work it out!my girlfriend assures me that she has all the expertise we require-we'll see!