Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Q&A: Blog not refreshing

I received an email asking for help with the following issue:

My blog seems to have been frozen as I am not getting any updates. When I browse my blog it's not been updated. I thought how strange that no one has been blogging since last week and discovered they have!!! Do you have any idea why it is doing that? I have tried refreshing it - but nothing!

A couple of things may be the issue:

- if you are accessing your blog through your favourites you may have bookmarked a post rather than the blog URL itself [the latter will always just end in blogspot.com [nothing added after the .com)
- some computers just like to take a few moments to head to Bermuda and confuse us half to death and they can sometimes (not sure why) store an old version of the page - refresh should assist here (although I note in this case it didn't)

If anyone has any additional ideas (as this is a shared portal of tips/assistance after all) please add them in the comments section. Shared knowledge = greater knowledge :-)

www.888dag.com

No comments: